Here is another great recipe to use one cup of pumpkin puree. It is like a brownie but since we don’t use milk or dark chocolate in this recipe, we call it a blondie. These blondies are sweet, dense, and are a new take on pumpkin pie. They are a kid favorite in this house any time of year. And at $0.31 per blondie, a very inexpensive treat as well.
This recipe calls for pumpkin pie spice. If you don’t have it in your pantry, don’t worry you can find my homemade blend here.
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 stick butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- Melt butter and white chocolate in a large sauce pot over low-medium heat. Stir often and make sure chocolate doesn't burn or scorch. Remove from heat.
- Add rest of ingredients and stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8x8 baking dish.
- Pour batter in baking dish and bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Total cost is $2.45 for an 8x8 dish or about $0.31 per blondie/serving.