The slouchy beanie hat has become my new favorite fall and winter hat. I first noticed these hats on some women in the city when the husband and I when on a Friday night date. We went brewery hopping and apparently the hipsters are in large quantities there.
So there it was, I needed to make my own because I certainly didn’t want to buy one. They looked pretty simply made and I was correct. The pattern below is a simple one. It only uses chain, single and double crochet stitches. This pattern is a great starter crochet pattern for beginners.
You might also notice that this pattern becomes a spiral. At the end of each round does not necessarily end but continues to go around to the next round. It is extremely important to have a stitch marker placed in the first stitch of the round. That way you can not get mixed up on your rounds. If you don’t have a stitch marker made for crocheting and knitting then a small coated paper clip will work in a pinch.
Slouchy Crochet Beanie Hat
Crochet needle size I
- Round 1: ch3 – 12dc in 3rd st
- Round 2: 2 dc into each st – place st marker in 1st st
- Round 3: *dc – 2dc* – repeat between *
- Round 4: *dc in next 2 sts – 2dc* repeat between *
- Round 5: *dc in next 3 sts – 2dc* repeat between *
- Round 6: *dc in next 4 sts – 2dc* repeat between *
- Round 7-15: dc in each st around
- Round 16-24: sc in each st around – fasten off and weave in ends